Thursday, October 30, 2008

"Girl you make me feel like I'm walking into danger"

Family Force 5, Danger Radio, Play Radio Play, Ultraviolet Sound
some weird ass theater - Chattanooga, TN
Oct. 29, 2008

The venue was seriously the weirdest place to have a show ever. It was like a symphony orchestra theater at a college. There was about two feet of space between when the stage ended and when the seats began. But you better believe I was in that two feet. haha. The stage was really weird too. The band was set up reallly reallly far back.
Ultraviolet sound was interesting. They tried to have a dance party in a venue that was not set up for one. They were very trance-y. Nico (Danger Radio) came out and drummed for them during one of their songs.
Danger Radio (loves of my life) played second. They had a short set but Andrew worked that huge stage pretty well. He was sick but still sounded great. They have a new bass player (Maaavin left for personal reasons). Everything sounded good. They played opened with "Party Foul" and played mostly new stuff after that. Elan was rocking a slicked back pony tail which was out of character for him. Overall, great performance but not the best DR show I've seen. The venue played a huge part in this though.
Play Radio Play... I don't like them. I'll just leave it at that.
Family Force 5 was great. That freaking wall that Nadaddy plays just facinates me! I want one! I didn't really know their new stuff so much but it all sounded good. Soul Glow kept yelling "choo choo!!" and kept trying to incorporate Chattanooga in all the songs. At the end, during "Earthquake" everyone (not me) got on stage and danced with them. Very entertaining band, again the venue just sucked.
This tour is over so I can't tell you to go check it out but I can tell you to never go to a show at that venue. lol

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Do you remember what the place was called? I only ask b/c I know Chattanooga really well, lol, and I'm insanely curious as to why anyone in their right mind would play anywhere in that city...

You were really close to me, girl! i miss you <3

Ashley said...

Umm... It was the Roland Hayes music hall