Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Things are shaping up to be pretty odd"

Panic At The Disco, Dashboard Confessional, The Cab, Plain White Tees
(The Rock Band Live Tour)
Nov. 4, 2008
Gwinnett Arena - Duluth, Ga

After voting, and buying tickets for $4.55 each, Lauren and I drove to Gwinnett. The line was ridiculously small for a Arena show. Apparently ticket sales were bad because they were giving tickets away (all you had to pay was the convenience charges). This was a pretty sweet deal considering tickets were selling for $50 a week earlier.
Anyways, we went in to a small crowd (it filled up later). The Cab opened. Plain White Tees played second. (I'm being nice by not saying how much I dislike both of these bands)
Dashboard was co-headlining. They played a nice long set filled with all their hits. I've never seen DC before and didn't know I knew as much of their music as I did. It was a really good set. Chris has great stage presence and they're definitely crowd pleasers. He also kept updating us on the election which we were grateful for.
Panic was amazing as usual. I really love them since they've lost the synth. (They also lost the pot leaves from the mic stands) They played a good mix of new and old songs, and closed with a "Shout" cover. I found this really weird and am still a little baffled over it. Brendon really has an incredible voice. He can sing anything and it's going to sound great.
It was a great show.
But the best part was when I left and Kristen called to tell me Obama won.
=)
Welcome to the new administration.

2 comments:

whittersg said...

i was so going to do my first blog on here about this show, but you beat me to it! i personally love the cab and thought they were amazing. they were the main reason i went to this show. but the best part of the night by far was the dashboard cover of so what. chris carraba prancing around made my day. :]

Ashley said...

You can do it too,
that's the point of this blog. Multiple points of view.