Friday, October 31, 2008

"Call the police, this whole place is gonna burn."

Pierce The Veil, Breathe Carolina, Four Letter Lie, Emarosa, Seven Story Fall
The 7 Venue - Douglasville, Ga
Oct. 30, 2008

So, I got to the venue late and had a mini panic attack cause there was a LOT of people there. All of this was for no reason because after the box office opened, people bought tickets then left. Anyways, Veronica came and got Vic to turn in the guest list (thanks, again!). We went inside, got barricade. There were a lot of people there but no one was pushing/moshing/touching me so it was awesome. Seven Story started almost immediately after we got in and played three new songs! Their new stuff is sooo freaking good. If you haven't seen them lately, what are you waiting for? Anyways, Justin almost killed me with his guitar. They didn't play the "Art of Fiction" which made me a little sad. But whatever, the new songs made up for it. (I recorded one, I'll youtube it later)
Emarosa played next. (surprising? very) Johnny was very clearly wasted but still put on a good performance. His vocals could have been turned up louder but that was the case with most of the bands that night. He collapsed at the end of the set and stumbled off stage. I was worried but apparently this is normal cause his bandmates could have cared less. (The guitarist from this band looks just like the white version of Johnathan from Esme!)
Four Letter Lie performed a lot of new stuff and I think one old song. I was disappointed by this. Apparently Douglasville, does not love them though. Only like ten people seemed to be into them. And some girl was just being a complete bitch to the singer. Their new cabs are so bad ass! They have their faces on them! and the new drum kit has Derek's face on it! I was highly impressed. They're performance was good. I think they were better last time but I guess the crowd was better last time too.
Breathe Carolina... I have such mixed feelings about this band. And I had no idea they were as popular as they are. Most of the people were there for them. It felt more like a rave than a concert. Let's be honest here. That's a lot of synth in one band. There's one guy who plays keytar/synth, another who "DJs", and another keyboard player. No guitars, no bass, no drums... and two vocalists. It's definitely an experience. They're kind of like Metro Station but with screaming instead of whispering. haha. Great use of lasers though.
Pierce the Veil was incredible as always. Some creepy Tales-from-the-Cript-esque guy came out and did this whole pun-filled speech about the rock show we were about to witness. I love puns and Tales from the Cript. So, I was stoked about this guy. They all ran out and Jaime over guessed his landing and ended up falling into the crowd. Pretty hilarious if you ask me. They played a few covers: "Bleeding Love", "Beat It", and "Closer". Johnny came out and they played "She Makes Dirty Words Sound Pretty" and they played their other usual songs. Veronica and I danced our butts off. It was so much fun. Their set was way too short but amazing nonetheless.
After the show I went to talk to the guys, who were all super sweet. They're the one "smaller" band that I still get super nervous around. I talked to Jaime about Patrick from Pensive and he told me cute stories about them in high school. haha.
Anyways, great bands, bad venue. This was like the first week of this tour so if it's coming to your area, check it out.

No comments: