Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"I'm falling more in love..."

This Providence, House Of Heroes
The Masquerade (Purgatory) - Atlanta, Ga
Oct. 28, 2008

This one's going to be shorter than usual. HOH was good as usual, heavier than I remembered them being. This was the first time I've ever seen This Providence and I was a little disappointed. The crowd was tiny and I had heard the bands make comments about how "this crowd sucks". It didn't feel like they were too into the set. They played maybe eight or nine songs including both versions of "My Beautiful Rescue". They sounded good musically (when their new keyboardist wasn't goofing up the new version). Dan kind of stormed off the stage during the last song and wasn't seen afterwards. David and Gavin were genuinely nice though. Overall, this wasn't what I wanted it to be. It was a good show, I just expected more out of them since I've waited so long to see them.
Check out both bands on the Relient K & Ludo tour.

1 comment:

whittersg said...

aw, man, that's sad. i saw this prov last year with the higher and the crowd was really small, but they were amazing. i talked to dan for a really long time after the show and he was totally humble and genuine. maybe they were having an off night?